|Entrance to the Leonard Huxley Building on Mills Road|
How the building was named
Sir Leonard Huxley (1902–1988) was Elder Professor of Physics in the University of Adelaide from 1949 to 1960, and Vice-Chancellor of this University from 1960 to 1967. He was also a Foundation Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, and the first President of the Australian Institute of Physics from 1962 to 1965. During the war years he was a member of the British Telecommunications Research Establishment where, from 1940–46, he was head of a school which trained over 7000 people in the principles and applications of radar. He was Chairman of the Radio Research Board of Australia from 1956–61.