The Australian National University
ANU Campus Map
Printer Friendly Version
UniSAFE
 

Haydon-Allen Lecture Theatre [23]
Haydon Allen Lecture Theatre (also known as The Tank)
Haydon Allen Lecture Theatre (also known as The Tank)

How the building was named
J.F.M. Haydon (1882-1967) with Dr L.H. Allen (1879-1964) were the first lecturers appointed full-time to the teaching staff of Canberra University College. Mr Haydon, who was a Senior Lecturer in Modern Languages, had previously been Professor of that discipline at the Royal Military College, Duntroon, while Dr Allen, Senior Lecturer in English and Latin, had been Professor of English at Duntroon.

Located in map EF32 at grid reference F3
Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy | Contact ANU